Re: EDP survey

Hi All.

I got my EDP about a week ago and I think I ordered it about a month before
that.  I was not an original group buyer but I signed up for one (including
the footswitch) of the "extras" that John at Alto Music had ordered.  He
called me up to verify my apartment number and I received the unit the next
day.

Because of unavoidable time constraints, I have not been able to fully try
out the unit but the exterior looks good.  It did not come in the same type
of box that my other, older, EPD came in but the manual was the same (down
to the inaccurate statement of having only 12.5 sec. of looping time.  I
guess they never updated the manual when they updated the units to 50
secs).

By the way, I also heard of the factory switch and the unavailablity of
future EPDs for several months.  My first EPD, which was purchased about 6
months ago, appeared to have been used when I purchased it.  The salesman
told me to return it to him and he would exchange it with Gibson for a new
unit.  That afternoon he called me to inform me of the factory change
information he recieved from Gibson. According to them, no more EDPs were
going to be sent out for a while.

Maybe John at Alto has more "extra" EPDs for sale for others on this list?
The price is unbeatable!

Jim Ko