Re: So where are we?

For the people wondering how to contact Gibson for echoplex info, you want
Mike Ayers <mayers@gibson.com>. Here's a bunch of phone numbers to try:
877-623-7434, 800-777-0795 x382,  (615) 871-4500 x382. use the last one if
you're not in the US.

At 12:43 PM -0800 2/17/99, Mike Biffle wrote:
>"We've got 6 units on order and they should arrive this week or next at
>the
>latest... IT WILL BE HARD TO GET EDP'S AFTER THAT BECAUSE GIBSON IS MOVING
>THE
>FACTORY."

I think they moved the factory a month or so ago. That's been done for a
while, and didn't really screw things up. I haven't heard that they were
planning another move, but if they are the people involved are pretty
competent and will likely manage it fine. (like they did last time....)
This guy's probably working off old news.

Gibson got a bit behind there because echoplex orders went way up, hence
the long echoplex waiting periods lately. Seems like they're getting caught
up now, though.

>He also said all their units thus far had Oberheim on them and they've
>received
>no Electra units. He didn't know about that change.

I don't think they've decided what the new brand name is going to be yet.
At this point, I'm guessing "Electar" is not it, but I don't know. I say we
start up a "guess the name" betting pool. I'll put a fiver on "opcode
echoplex".

kim