Re: thingies vs computers

>Computers are not convenient to gig with, yet

That's the biggie... Its interesting to remember that our
(digital) looping devices *are* computers, with  specialized
display and input devices.

I use Cool Edit a lot, but not for performance, Jam Man wins big time.
But wouldn't it be great if a program supported MIDI foot pedals?
Maybe some do... do they?

I have found I much prefer a bunch of dedicated applicances over
one general purpose device that needs to be re-configured for
every application. But sometimes the lower cost of a single general
purpose gizmo can be notable. A lot of the cost of building hardware
is the buttons, displays, power supplies, blah blah. Stuff that
seems like it shouldn't 'count'.

Bob