Re: funky footswitch

it's probably the switch gone bad or dirty or whatever. It's very simple to
fix, actually. You can probably get Gibson/Oberheim to fix it, or you could
do it yourself if you can manage a soldering iron. Gibson would probably
send you one of the switches if you ask them, or you can by the exact same
part from Mouser. (www.mouser.com, don't remember the part#, sorry).  Or
you
could get a completely different switch if you want. Just has to be a
momentary switch, preferably the industrial variety.

If you open the pedal up, you'll see its very easy to replace a switch. We
intentionally designed the footpedal to have a very simple circuit so that
it could suffer any manner of abuse and then be repaired by practically
anyone.

good luck-

kim

At 01:55 PM 3/16/99 EST, you wrote:
>the multiply footswitch on my edp works every now and then
>i have to tap it several times and hope that it works
>where as the one on the front works all the time
>the footswitch is relatively new
>it hasnt been banged up or anything of the sort
>and all the other buttons work well
>would this be a problem with the actually button or the capacitors
>any one with similar problems?
>
>rodrigo

Kim Flint, MTS                  408-752-9284
ATI Research                    kflint@atitech.com
http://www.atitech.com