MIDI and microtonality

any loopers out there using midi guitar rigs to get into microtonality
i was in a guitar store the other day and started fiddling with the vg8
i could care less about all the amp/guitar/speaker simulations
i like all of the modeling stuff its capable of doing
in a matter of minutes i was getting sounds that were out of hand
and thats not even understanding the os(which seems to be a pain in the
arse)
my guitar teacher is selling me his gk2a for cheap and im thinking of
getting
into midi guitar(i play piano/keyboards so i never went for the guitar/midi
thing before)
i just want to know if its possible to get into the tuning tables of the
guitar/midi gear like in keyboard gear
anybody doing that kind of thing?
thoughts? suggestions?

and for that matter i was looking at the lucytuned guitar page a while ago
and
although i wasnt too drawn to their 'true tuning' microtonality
i was drawn to the idea of more than one set of fretted octave division on
the
same guitar so its capable of playing in 12TET and ???
does anybody out there do that kind of thing or seen anybody with that

thanks
rodrigo