Re: fretless ?

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, John + Diane Parada wrote:
> ...also are there any effects pedals that would
> give you sustainer like sound that you know off.
> I use an ebow but i want and am interested in
> more. thank you...jp

I don't remember what it was called, but I had the opportunity to play
around with a Boss pedal that was a distortion/feedback unit.  While
not as cool a gadget as the Sustainer, it had a similar sound.  One
nice feature (or misfeature depending on your point of view) was that
it'd only use the feedback mode while the pedal was held down.

Unfortunately, Boss doesn't make these boxes any more and they seem
pretty rare in the used gear market.  I loved the thing and I've
searched, but haven't ever seen another.  Keep an eye out for an
orange Boss pedal with Distortion/Feedback on the top (not to be
confused with their orange Overdrive pedal) and give it a try if you
find one.

---
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear
 to man as it is, infinite."  -- William Blake

Todd Pafford   galen@erols.com