Switchboards, Plugs and Phonographs

> OK, Doug Wimbish promised that I wouldn't tell anyone, but his
> Cyberbass has an integrated 56K modem that dials out to the Internet
> and uses a proprietary massively parallel computer system secretly
> developed by him, [...snip...]

Please reprogram the Cyberbass so that the next time it calls me, it
dials 1-800-C-A-L-L-A-T-T!  Thank you.

> Dude, it was a typo ... phone => phono = 1/4" mono jack <> RJ-11

Seriously, your typo was more correct than what you had intended!  :)
Phono plugs & jacks are the RCA type originally developed by RCA for use
with... record players / phonograph cartridges!  Kim's treatise on 1/4"
plugs and switch boards is spot on.

Bill    home: billfox@fast.net  work: BillFox@lucent.com
*** Employee of Western Electric -> AT&T -> Lucent Technologies since 1979
***
Host of Emusic, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  Email me if you wish to submit music for airplay
consideration.
My radio show:  http://www.wdiyfm.org
My band site:   http://www.crosswinds.net/allentown/~shadowplay