Re: Tabla; Was: Wave Drums

sounds like fun - i've been "attaching" piezos to cymbals with plumber's
putty. they also work great on kalimbas, pieces of wood ...

EAR IDEARS:
- send the signal into a resonator or short delay with high feedback for
an analog "WAVE DRUM"
- send piezo-cymbal sounds into a pitch shifter
- swallow a piezo with a vey long wire attached (don't laugh, it's been
done)

be careful not to get any between the piezo-element and the drum/cymbal
surface. the key to a non-distorted sound is to have the piezo-element
completely flush with the vibrating surface. the other thing you may
want to consider is a preamp circuit.

and seriously, this isn't OT - i LOOP this stuff ...

-the man cable-