Re: Fw: Drum'n Bass questions - Amen

Hi Leo,

>Amen is a little prog, really nice to create some original ONE bar breaks,
>not to sequence a whole tune... ;)

Actually, I had a 16-bar sequence going.  By manipulating the offsets
(changing the colors of the blocks) at the bottom, you can make any number
of variations in the drumloop, so that no two measures are alike, if you
so choose.  The problem is that when you have a long sequence, the offset
blocks become tiny in order to fit into the available space, and are thus
difficult to work with.

>If you have Acid I suggest to use this incredible app only, and forget
>about
>Amen.

I love ACID, but I haven't really figured out how to work with it as much
as I would like to (the tutorial isn't very clear, at least not for a
computer idiot such as myself).  I certainly intend to continue trying to
learn, but there's an immediacy about Amen that I really like.  Sometimes
a cheap piece of gear just does something for you, you know?

A little plug here: I just uploaded a tune created with Acid too. In
>particular, all the drum programming is done using Acid.

I downloaded your song, but couldn't unzip it.  Winzip kept saying "This
file is empty", or something like that.  I couldn't erase it, either!  Any
suggestions?  I told you I'm a computer idiot...

Anyway, many thanks for your helpful suggestions, the drumloop websites,
etc.

Esteban Delgado