Re: Notes on my Akai Headrush

>From alt.guitar.fx:
<<Subject: Got my Akai Headrush Yesterday!
From: Nuuj <rnuuja@my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 24, 1999 12:57 PM

Arrgghh,

Mine has horrible background hiss.
Actually it's so bad I'd describe it as foreground hiss, and it's the same
volume if the effect is bypassed or not. It's about 1/8th the strength of
the
maximum signal out. It's somewhere in a delay loop somewhere. I can hear it
repeating. I think it's about 1 second long.  None of the controls alter
the
sound of this noise, except for the mode slide switch. It hisses even when
nothing is plugged in.

Has anyone else got their's yet?
Does your's do this?

Other negatives:

It is absolutely not true bypass.

You can set delays up to about a second without tapping, but the delay
times
have no markings or tick marks or anything. So it's impossible to recreate
settings that aren't at maximum or minimum.

When you switch it off instead of abruptly turning off, it fades the delay
out
slowly. This would actually be a nice feature, if you could turn it off!

You can't play with the delay time controls while a delay is looping! You
get
this weird digital artifact of changing the sampling length, which then
becomes part of the loop! This is one of my favorite things to do with
delays
damn it!

If anyone else out there has one, please tell me if your's hisses loudly
too,
so I can decide if I want to ask for a replacement or just ask for my money
back and wait till EH reissues the 16 second delay(which is rumored to be
bumped up to 64 seconds in the reissue).>>