Re: Input gain structure

5% resistors should work fine. There's a commonly held belief that metal
film resistors have better distortion characteristics in audio circuits,
producing better quality audio, but personally I've never been able to hear
a difference when I made such a change. Whatever improvement you get must
be very subtle.....  Cost difference between them is nominal, though.
something like 1 cent vs 2 cents, so it doesn't hurt much to do it....
anyone who knows how to use a soldering iron and do simple electronics tech
work should be able to change those resistors. Simple through-hole stuff.
Did you just get your echoplex new? I'm surprised this change wasn't
already done at the factory....are you sure it hasn't been?

kim