Re: Opcode is not telling

At 6:12 PM -0700 5/26/99, Allan Hoeltje wrote:
>As per a pervious suggestion, I visited the Opcode web page and sent a
>note to
>their information department (copied below).  Their brief response
>"Opcode is
>not handling any Oberheim products" adds to the EDP mystery.  Could the
>person
>who responded be out of the loop (argh)

probably they just saw the word "oberheim" and reacted to that. It wouldn't
surprise me if the support guy doesn't know about echoplex yet. But don't
be discouraged, if people are asking they'll notice all the interest and
things will move faster. Keep bugging them, it wouldn't be the first time
that user enthusiasm kept a cool product going!

> or is Opcode realy not the new EDP
>distributor for Gibson/Oberheim as has been mentioned here at Loopers
>Delight?

Opcode is a division of Gibson, just like Oberheim used to be. So they
would not be distributing really. Just handling the manufacturing.

kim