Re: Space Station, 2290 comments

SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

> dbaldwin@suffolk.lib.ny.us writes:
>
> > As long as it has a sample-and-hold function, discussion here at
> >  LD seems appropriate.
> Actually I have a notion that this isn't what you think.
> Sample-and-hold=looper? right?
>
> Not really a looper that I have noticed, but then I got it for patch 10,
>the
> aforementioned Adrian Belew Backwards guitar patch, great patch!
>
> Thanks to all for  the info on this ped so far.
> At the moment i'm veering towards giving it a miss for the following
>reasons
> 1) not tweakable

One of the best things about the Space Station is that its not tweakable.
The worst thing about it is that its not tweakable.

I have gotten so much gear now that somthing that is plug and play is
almost a
relief.Option Anxiety rears it head.
the pedal does its own type of tweaking in its own right. wish it had at
least a
couple of knobs though....sigh

> 2) too 'digital sounding'

Very true, even more than its big bro' the Digitech Super Smart Shift
I-PBS33B,
(gotta love that name) in fact alot of the string and harmonizer patches
are
taken from it  seems to me. Sometimes that is good though to me.

> 3) I'm looking for something to vary the sound without echoing, and that
> leaves
>    out a lot of the SS presets it seems.
> 4) It doesn't have a whammy patch (some people want everything).
> .......still considering though.

Glutton that I am I bought both the whammy and the SS, now I can put my
sustainor into upper octave range hit the Whammy up 2 octaves  in reverse
play
before it hits the Jamman and then the Vortex.... well sorry, ahem,
wearing of
ear plugs is highly recommened if you try this!

my 2 or 3 cents worth,
Jeff
http://members.xoom.com/echo17/tbl.html