EDP Decay Prob

Thanks Andre for your help- I am sorry to say that although your
suggestion makes sense to me I don't think clipping is the culprit- I am
pretty mindful of my input levels and rarely even see the orange led
light if ever- plus last night I am sure my level was just flickering
the green- not even 100% solidly lit- I think my unit is a bit quirky-
sometimes but far from rarely- when I turn it on it is non responsive
and the screen shows all led lights lit but not at full brightness- it
looks like all "888"ect. I think I may have to try to get some help from
OpcodeGibsonOberheim but the chances of that are probably a little slim!
Plus I have no idea what their support policy is or how they implement-
I will have to look into it. :(

I will keep experimenting to see if I can duplicate the problem based on
a certain setup- I will try with no midi connections etc but it seems to
be like a computer that has an error and needs to be re booted- but
should not be happening with this unit-

Thanks again- I really appreciate the help

Clifford

Andre wrote:
I think I know what the problem is here.  It has to do with input levels

that happen to clip or distort when the initial cycle is being recorded.

If a preliminary signal starts clipping past a certain point when you're

recording your first pass (between the time that you hit "Record" and
whatever button you use to close the loop), then the unit's feedback
seems to get locked into a "scaling down" syndrome...............