Re: Plex Upgrade ideas: Loose the box.

>From: Claude Voit <c.voit@vtx.ch>
>To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
>Subject: Re: Plex Upgrade ideas: Loose the box.
>Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 20:21:46 +0200
>
>Mark Sottilaro wrote:
> >
> > Here's a suggestion:
> >
> > Why not loose the box, guts and all?  If the wonder of the EDP is in
>the
> > software, then let's do away with the silicon.  I've got a ton of it
> > sitting in front of me right now.  I'd just love a software version of
> > the Echoplex that I could run on a Macintosh.  Especially if it could
> > sync to a MIDI sequencing program, such as Metro.
> >
> > Is this possible?
>
>Mark
>Its probably possible
>but then the loopers delight would be transformed in a bug report,
>computer configuration hell , all the fatiguing background noize you
>see/hear in every music software forum
>
>remember there is no bug in the EDP software v5 (there is one but I wont
>tell !):-)
>
>Claude
>

>PS: the PC platform is probably the best for that.
>

>HIHIHI hihihi (sorry couldn't resist)

I disagree.
Couldn't someone run a labtop (i.e. G3 powerbook) with running Digital
Performer's P.O.L.A.R. software (performance orietated looping audio
recording) fullly equiped with a recording gate and automatic loop
playback
functions and achieve more because of the computer's memory and other
feature's. It's an expensive proposition but one I'm looking into because
the idea of having a portable studio and synthesizer and looping brain is
my
holy grail right now.  The problem I foresee with POLAR's recording gate
function is not so much start times but stop times.  But then again you
could bypass this function and manually trigger start and stop times.