RE: Plex Upgrade ideas: Loose the box.

>>> Here's a suggestion:
>>>
>>> Why not loose the box, guts and all?  If the wonder of the EDP is in
>the
>>> software, then let's do away with the silicon.
>>> Is this possible?

>>gime some weeks to design the windows ;-)

>>>PS: the PC platform is probably the best for that.

>>NO ! :-)

Well, I think you should consider the Windows CE platform. Think about it
... with Windows CE 2.1, you get mutli-threaded support, multi-windows
support, pen support, device driver library support and a bunch more in a
package smaller than an Echoplex. Most of the half decent CE devices
already
have a more powerful processor than the Echoplex and support a PC Card as
well, which you could use for MIDI support. ADC/DAC conversion could be
handled by an outboard system, or I think some of the newer systems such as
the Nino have a sound chip built-in as well ...