Re[4]: The Effects Of Looping...praise the Lord and pass

>>Maybe we're getting somewhere here... "Ritual(istic) Music" could
>certainly
>>pertain to a large body of our work in several genres. I'm sure the more
>>humorous modes, and the slice and dice modes which move about wildly will
>>probably not quite fit. The word ritual could serve to attract certain
>>audience members quite ready to be swept away by the music...

> Hey maybe we should start our own cult.  Private jets and adoring
>attentants
> for everyone!!

Hooded Robes!... Live internet feeds from our subteranean chambers...
strange
symbols... and most definitely, bring on the adoring attendants!

>> Call and response is definitely western mantra in action! Check out the
>> Robert Duval movie "The Apostle" if you want to see some really
>mesmerizing
>> portrayals of this. What an amazing movie... I've become much more
>interested
>> in reaching beyond my instrument (guitar) and adding word based
>conceptual
>> ideas, to deepen the impact of various ideas. Ritualized repetitive
>action
>> can be really powerful...

>Now THAT movie was scarey! Why?  Because my Father was a Penticostal
>Holiness preacher and I was raised in that world.  I never realized that
>was raised in a cult until I saw it.  I recognized the order of service,
>the
>songs EVERYTHING.
>Lorne Thomson

Whoa Lorne, I sympathise with you... Holy Smokes! Swear to Buddha! I'm an
Aztec!!!... (a quote from his high holiness of the Lunar Asylum, Moon
Sharon...)

-Biffoz