Re: I am loopy

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sottilaro <msottila@mailbox.syr.edu>
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 09, 1999 2:07 AM
Subject: I am loopy

>What ever happened to good o'l psychedelic drug usage?

This is an oxymoron in our culture. Anyone who has experienced psychedelic
drug usage (and I would refer to the strong, clean hallucinogens like LSD
or
organics like peyote or mescaline, not PCP or "Angel Dust" which are far
worse) would either realize that such states are incompatible with creative
functioning, or moved on to other substances, probably for their abusive
qualities (and therefore either be dead and incapable of referring to
anything as "old" or be so useless as to be far away from this discussion)
or not realized the extent of their own mental dullness and consequently
miss the misplacement of the apostrophe in "ol'" (not o'l) or spend
inordinate amounts of time writing run-on sentences to loop-based
newsgroups.