effects of looping, and field recording

Jamie had wrote;

>I've heard of a book by AMM's E. Prevost called No Sound Is Innocent which
>is evidently a vital read on field recording and manipulating found sound.
>By the way, if you don't know already, the newest Wire mag has a "fun"
>interview with K. Stockhausen.  Knowledge is Power.
>Oh yeah....I'm patiently waiting to pay off the EDP I have on lay away and
>then I can get started looping!!! Peace Out.   -from Jamie Mash

I just went and ordered it from Borders. Amazon said they didn't make them
anymore. But B had them and said they were shipped very quickly. It seems
like it's going to be an amazing read. Lot's of things about field
recording, doing strange things to your instruments...AND even preparing
your guitars (for all you maniacs out there). I can't wait to get it.

Jeff Collins

A Strange View of Music

Showcasing the music of
Jeffrey Collins and Ken Rubenstein

www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stadium/1429/STRANGETONES.html

"I TRUST IMPULSE, CREATIVE INTUITION, AND UNMOTIVATED
SPONTANEITY, BUT ABOVE ALL RESPONSIVE ACTION WITH
AS MANY FILTERS THAT ONE CAN AVOID." Robert Rauschenberg