Re: 7.6 Time machine

At 9:58 AM -0700 6/10/99, Jeff Duke wrote:
>I have a question for some of you tech guys. I have two 7.6'rs but one
>is real strong ; if I set it to 50% mix its even. It has great feedback
>9-10 repeats at full and a bit more delay time than 7.6.
>The other one is weak on all these points. The question; is there a way
>to obtain and replace the memory and could this be the problem; weak
>chip?

something like this wouldn't be memory. I don't know the digitech circuit,
so I can't tell you what to do. But I'm guessing it does feedback in
analog, so there is some amplifier circuit that sets this feedback gain.
Somehow, the gain in the one unit is off, and it can't reach it's max
value. It probably even has a small potentiometer on the board used to
calibrate this, and the pot in your unit has gotten off from the proper
setting. You might try getting a service manual from digitech, or try
adjusting them yourself to see if anything fixes the problem. I know
somebody else on the list had tweaked some pots in the 7.6 to get a longer
delay time, so maybe that person knows how to fix the feedback too. (can't
remember who it was right now, sorry...)

kim