sex, drugs & rock'n'roll ...probably off topic?

hi everyone!
i followed this drug-thread and came (once again) to the conclusion that
everybody has to make up his own mind. yeah, some out there have had any
experiences with drugs, some still use 'em and most of us have a beer once
in a while...
a lot of people in my area take drugs (in fact my home town is on the top
of some kind of drug-statistics) and you can get them everywhere.

every once in a while i ask myself why all these people around me use drugs
(including alcohol), but sometimes i even understand them. for my part i
found out that this stuff doesn'do any good inside my head. in fact music
is the best *drug* i found so far. every concert is a totally different
experience without any of these substances. it's just great when artists on
stage (or myself) have the ability to take my mind to other spheres, when
you don't think about all-days-problems anymore, when music just... you all
know what i mean...
it was really nice to hear that some people out there (hi Dennis!) made the
same experiences.

on the other hand there are a lot of artists (not just musicians) who (say
that they) need *something* to activate creativity, become more sensitiv or
whatever. can you imagine pink floyd's 'the wall' without lsd? what about
howie b. (what a great LOOPER!!!), tricky or massive attack? even the
beatles were known to be consumers of some type of green cigarets...

might be that my surounding made my blunted, but as long as others don't
get on my nerves with their habits (not just drugs) i don't care about it.

lorenz

... i think that was off topic... sorry!