RE: The Effects Of Looping...Or am I loopy?

I have to chime in.

Bill, well expressed.  I agree.

In going through the on-going blasts and
comments that strangely have gotten hold of
my short-spanned attention, I realize that
not only Loopers in this group are at the cutting
edge of music technology, they are also very
articulate in expressing their points of view and beliefs.
(this is my brown-nosing paragraph)

And though some have expressed harshly, and
some have expressed eloquently, (and some
have expressed diplomatically), there are
still exchanges of ideas and beliefs which
actually show the make up of the group's
personalities which I think is good.

I can confidently say that I am
eccentric to a point of being arrogant.
The important thing is that I know that I am.
I think that besides my arrogance getting me in
trouble sometimes, it actually fuels me and
drives me towards creativity without conforming.

I had originally joined the group to stay in
the "loop" but I'm receiving and learning much
more than just 'how to manipulate my looping devices'.

For example, John Cage and Adrian Belew discussions
are very enlighting, among many.
Leo's always intuitive guidance in computer music
softwares are invaluable.
Even the effects of drugs, during and after, philosophy
there of, lack of use of drugs in creativity, and the
passionate comments related to drugs and music are
very interesting and humorous at times.

I think it is important that we express ourselves freely
without prohibiting others to do the same.

(...but then, in making this comment, I am actually...)

It just goes to show you that no matter how I state it
or phrase it, I inflict my beliefs and ideas to others
in this group.   Crap!

I'd better turn off my computer and start looping
before someone finds out that I'm completely nuts!!!

Curbie