Re: helping hands EH 16 Se

In a message dated 6/23/99 2:09:46 PM, LiebigSA@Maritz.com writes:

>i have a friend whose eh 16-second delay just developed a nice hum (there
>was a really nice high-pitched squeal that lasted about 10-20 seconds
>during
>a set break, capacitor death?).
>
>anyone have any ideas about people who are competent to fix these thangs?

I used to own a couple of these things some years ago. One of them needed
repair once so I called the folks at Sovtek. They gave me the name of a
Vietnamese gent in NYC (a Mr. Dang I believe) that used to assemble them
when
they were originally made. He now runs a tidy little business repairing EH
stuff he used to make. He's good, very resonable and quick.

Sovetek get requests for repair on old EH stuff all the time. It never
hurts
to ask. They can steer you in the right direction.

I'd give you the name and address of the guy myself if I still had it.
It's
been 4 years or more now I'd say. I sold the units to a fellow on the list
by
the name of Trevor but I haven heard from him in a while.

Ted Killian