RE: OT: distortion pedal advice

> There's 3 buttons on the PE Exp: On/Off, Octave, Swell... and I believe 2
> on the
> Ultimate Octave (corrections on this anyone?)

        ** right. two switches on the ultimate octave - - one for the
fuzz/bypass, one for the octave. one thing that i forgot to mention was
that
you can turn the octave function on without turning on the fuzz. why do i
mention this? cause (if you have turned the octave switch on) you can go
straight to octave fuzz by just hitting the fuzz/bypass switch. the fat
switch is cool. i always leave on fat, but as i remember the bright setting
gives you a more scooped sound. it's a little bat switch, but you can
easily
(and carefully) move it with your foot  - - - giving you three possible
sounds at your toetips . . .

> Steuart Liebig just acquired the new Ring Stinger, ... A
> full review of this beast would be great if you can manage Stig!

        ** hmmmm, wasn't ready to mention this quite yet. so far, it's
pretty killer. haven't had a lot of time to really delve into it yet (kids,
job, rehearsing other people's music, blah, blah, blah). did some pretty
whacked loops using it in various ways last weekend. hopefully i'll take
the
dats i did of 'em amd cut into a song form (a wee project i have in mind).
suffice it to say that it's pretty deep (at least for a neo-luddite like
myself). carrier is a tunable (by knob or footpedal footpedal) vco that has
four available wave forms. can be modded with an lfo that also has four
different wave forms; lfo has lfo bypass, and rate and depth controls (one
of these last is both knob and footpedal - - can't remember right now) as
well. has pretty killer octave fuzz switch. fuzz also gets lfo treatment.
has drive control for amount of insanity in either fuzz or ring mod. blend
control for finding the right balance (or none!) between real notes and
craziness. also a colour control which is basically a resonance control - -
i think . . .

        it's fun.

        stig