August DAP News

Hi Folks,

It's just about the half-way point of summer and we've been quietly (or
not so quietly, if you ask the neighbors) shacked up working on new
arrangements of old tunes as well as new material with new guitarist Steev
Geest in preparation for the fall. Steev will be familiar to those who
have seen him perform acoustic guitar based music with Solaris Guitar Trio
or electronic illbient guitar synth-based music with Fingerpaint. Steev
and I have known each other since 1995 from guitar circle work, so he was
my first choice to be our new guitarist. As luck would have it, he
accepted the invitation.

[Fingerpaint fans, have no fear! Steev continues to work with Patrick in
Fingerpaint. If you haven't heard their music yet, I'd highly suggest
checking out http://www.fingerpaint.net/ ]

Steev's first performance with us will be at the Progday Outdoor
International Progressive Music Festival on the weekend of Sep 3-5. We may
even have a special guest or two perform with us for a few surprises.

For those unfamiliar with Progday, it's an annual festival held since 1995
at beautiful Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill NC every Labor Day weekend.
Every year several hundred progressive rock lovers gather in this fabulous
outdoor setting to watch bands from all over the world perform.

This year's lineup is:

        AFTER THE FALL (USA)
        APOCALYPSE  (Brazil)
        CONSORZIO ACQUA POTABILE  (Italy)
        DARK AETHER PROJECT  (USA)
        DISCIPLINE  (USA)
        ENVISION (USA)
        EQUINOX  (Panama)
        NeBeLNeST  (France)
        TEN JINN  (USA)
        THINKING PLAGUE  (USA)
        TRIBE OF CRO  (Belgium)

For ProgDay ticket details, band descriptions and other info, see
http://www.hrzdata.com/progday/

We will perform the following Friday (Sep 10th) with fellow Progday act
NeBeLNeST at Orion Studios in Baltimore MD. See:
http://www.progrock.net/shows/showcase/

We are also planning to do some shows in the Fall with Iluvtar who will be
releasing _A Story Two Days Wide_, their first studio album of entirely
new material in 4 years. We're confirmed for Phantasmagoria in Wheaton MD
on Saturday October 30th. We're currently working on additional dates. For
those interested in hearing some snippets of material from the new
Iluvatar CD, Kinesis Records has put up samples on their web site which
you will find a link to on the discography page on Iluvatar's web site at:
http://www.progrock.net/Bands/Iluvatar/

Finally, for those who are interested in learning two-handed tapping
techniques for fretted instruments, we're planning TapTech III for the
weekend of Nov 6-7 at Orion in Baltimore. This year's primary instructor
will be German touch-guitarist Markus Reuter of Europa String Choir. Over
the last two years participants have included dozens of Warr and Austin
Douglas Touch Guitarists and Stick players as well as regular guitar
players of all levels. As in previous years, there will be a concert held
on Saturday night. For more info, see http://www.darkaether.net/tt/

-Adam

---
       "...if one strives at hearing for the sake of constant virtue,
       out of seeking liberation from cyclic existence, gradually one
                           becomes a Hearer."
                           - Chandrakirti

              T h e   D a r k   A e t h e r   P r o j e c t
                       http://www.darkaether.net/