Re: EEEK! Equipment failure!

That reminds me. I have an old Teac 4 track reel to
reel stashed under my bed that acts similarly. It got
to where the capstan belt would not stay on. I don't
know if the belt just lost its proper tension or if
the rollers got out of alignment. If your's was
dropped, maybe its the latter.

John

--- Todd Madson <crash@waste.org> wrote:
> Okay folks, something horrid has happened:
>
> My old 4-track recorder, used now primarily for
> transferring data to my
> digital multi-track equipment got dropped recently.
>
> After this, the belt that the unit uses to move the
> drive system appears
> to have jumped the capstan.
>
> I re-seated the belt, but the whole unit is now
> about 20% slower than it
> was, even when set at its fastest.
>
> I have about ten years worth of four-track tapes I'm
> attempting to
> transfer to CD-r, any suggestions to try and speed
> this beastie up?
>
> Could it be that an internal speed setting got
> jostled somehow?  It fell
> about two to three feet to a carpeted floor.
>
> Ideas?

===
John Tidwell