Re: More Brook/Gasparyan.

I saw Michael Brooks at the Park West in Chicago as the opener for Sylvian
and Fripp, and he was fantastic. I had on of his albums with Eno at the
time ("Hybrid", an excellent CD), but he went far beyond that work. I
thought he was superb. He had no comments that I remember (just followed
the F. Zappa axiom "Shut up and play yer guitar") Actually, the show with
Sylvian and Fripp is the one I look back at and think "that was my favorite
concert". One and all were super-hot that night.

I've seen Sylvian a few times, he seems to be a whiner big-time. One show,
I did two songs, then excused himself because of his cold. Mark Isham and
David Torn improvised for about 20 minutes, then show's over. The name of
the tour was "In praise of the shaman", renamed by my friends I took there
as "In praise of the charlatan". Sylvian was also carrying on in another
show in Chicago about the smoker's. Oh well, he does some fine music.

BTW, if anyone's heard Sylvian's latest CD, doesn't it sound like he's
lifted Torn's guitar sound for the CD. It's almost like he used samples of
previous work he did with Torn on this CD. Sylvian is the only credited
guitarist on this CD, just wondered what you thought.

Tom