RE: Phasers on Stun

>> Of course the king of new pedal phasers (espcially for recording) is the
>> new MOOG phaser recently released by Bob Moog himself via his company
>> Big Briar. This is similar to the famous Moog 12 stage rack mount unit
>> in a high quality stomp with tons of CV ins, wildass LFO, resonance,
>> overdrive, etc etc. A bit pricy but certainly a few levels above any of
>> the other stomps out there and it rivals all those $$$ VINTAGE!!

I have to agree that the MoogerFooger 12-stage phaser is an awesome pedal.
have a Mutron Bi-Phase, Lovetone Doppelganger, and the MoogerFooger, which
is the most flexible (and cheapest) of all three. All parameters (rate,
depth, resonance, and amount) are basically controllable via expression
pedals. and phase depth is the most dramatic on this pedal. In fact, last
night the guitar player in my band used it to get a Hammond B3 type of
sound
with his guitar. Having the ability to control the LFO rate and depth with
expression pedals makes for some great sound shaping tools.

The Doppelganger is great as well since it has two LFO's that can be run
with two different sweeps and/or rates (and in tandem or oscillating),
which
can make for some wild sounds as well. They are set at Low and High
frequency "spans". Expression pedals can be used to control the rates of
these LFO's as well. You also get a vibrato and a signal blend. There
really
isn't "resonance" control, but a colour knob which seems to control this,
but it's not as powerful as the Moogerfooger. It's somewhat a different
beast than the Moogerfooger

The best price I found for the Moogerfooger Phaser was $285 from Rogue
Music
in NYC and the Lovetone Doppelganger will be in the $350-400 range
depending
on UK exchange rates, which must be ordered directly from them.