talking wall warts..

Because the subject was raised, I have a
question for technically literate people in
the US...

It is impossible (I'm french) to run properly
either alesis or lexicon stuff with generic
wall warts here. No matter voltage or
polarity, it gives (on the jam man for
example) a lighthing of all leds to red, all
led segments on and nothing working. Id with
the vortex; id with a midiverb 3. I checked
everyhthing i caould (polarity, voltage) and
found nodiférence with the usual ones...
An alesis one will work perfectly on the
lexes and visae versae. I don't get where is
the difference...
the same wallwarts work perfectly with any
other brand (?!?!).
Trouble is I f I want a buy one from alesis
for example, here it is 50 dollars. Which is
quite expensive...