Re: Mr. Bungle anyone?

>>> Jim Poppen <zebu@mindspring.com> 08/30 12:47 PM >>>
> Over ten years ago, Mr. Bungle played the Phoenix theater in Petaluma.
>Out walks Patton wearing football-style shoulder pads, spandex pants, and
>a GIANT dildo strapped to his forehead. Their opening song was a spot-on
>cover of Prince's "Nothing Compares To You" (or is it "2 U"?). The
>dramatic irony was hysterical. Later, Patton performed simulated
fellatio on the bassist (who had fake blood streaming from his mouth).
Their musical expertise totally blew me away, (no pun intended, I swear).
Do you know off hand if they'll be playing San Francisco anytime soon? Are
they keeping up with the insane stage antics?

While there were a fair amount of obvious provocative statements the stage
persona of Mike was of a California Latino with pencil mustache and
slicked back hair. He looked the part of a fairly dangerous border
dweller. His stage presence was very commanding and he'd go from whisper
to a scream visually as well as vocally...

-Biffoz

Miko Biffle                          "Running scared from all the usual
distractions..."
mbiffle@svg.com