Re: USB 1/4" Jack Interface?

"Brian Thomson, London UK" wrote:

> Subject: USB 1/4" Jack Interface?
> Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 02:56:30 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Brian Thomson, London UK" <bnt@email.com>
> To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
>
> I'm sure I read someone asking about this recently? There are two such
>interfaces I'm aware of:
>
> Roland make the UA-100 which does exactly what was asked about - see
>http://www.edirol.com/usb/
>
> There's also the Opcode SONICport, which uses mini-jacks -
>http://www.opcode.com/products/sonicport/
>
> Both also have digital audio ports...
>
> Brian Thomson, London UK
> bnt@email.com
> FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com
> Reserve your name now at http://www.email.com

Ha ha ha! Yeah, I made mention of such things as these in passing and with
a greater emphasis, as usual,
on mirth-making than sought-after objective correlatives; not to say
hardware, for that. "USB-to-1/4""
seemed to me to be an adapter waiting to happen -- plus, at least at this
early stage of the game, sort
of comical, as in: "I just bring my Powerbook, my Big Muff, and fourteen
Marshall heads powering
thirteen 4x12 cabs (I'll send the flowchart) with me on the gig" -- and I
guess the wait was not so
long, for that. Just call me the boy who cried "USB"...this happens a lot,
possibly too much.

   ~      > --- James Keepnews --- <  "Don't quote anybody, Sir!"
 (.-.)    > -- Multimedia Yahoo -- <
    \                 *                           -- Krishnamurti
   -      > -  keepnews@node.net - <