Re: the albuquerque vacuum

OK, so I guess I'm making a public post, no matter what :)

For ABQ music, check the Outpost (listings are in the
weekly Alibi).  I saw Pauline Oliveros there last year.
There is also a small music group that is related to
the Outpost that seems to do really off-the-wall stuff,
but I can't remember who they were.

Check for indian (east, not native) music shows in ABQ
and SantaFe.  There seems to be *something* at least
every couple months.  SantaFe also has an electro-acoustic
music festival, which may have already happened this
year, but I'm not sure.  Drive up to there and grab
the Santa Fe Reporter and check regularly for listing.
If I remember correctly, I missed several interesting
shows this past summer while slumming it in SF.

For a *really good time* :), check out
http://mediainstitute.csf.edu/ for one of their workshops
next summer. A very interesting time. (This is highly
recommended for all loopers).  For instance, David Dunn
has created some truly twisted patches for Reaktor,
Mr. Subotnick shows some of his work (got to visit his
home studio also ;), and Steina showed some truly twised
video stuff made using a program called Image/ine (which
is esentially an amazing video looper).

Jim