Re: Synchronization band-loop

I agree. If I'm playing against a digtital delay
it's impossible to gat a drummer to keep time.
A few years ago playing a U2 song with a typical
dunk,de,dunk,de....  guitar riff I used an analogue
delay which seemed a lot more tolerant of small shifts
in tempo, I guess because the edges of the sound
are a little less defined.

Anyone use the EDP midi out to sync. drum machines?
I always find that even with 1/8th beats at max. the
clock output is far too slow even on a 5sec. base loop.
At present I use the EDP + drum machine&sequencer.
With (no sync.) long loops and moderate tempo (say 135bpm)
there is a "micro" phase shift between the parts as the
loop comes round which is rather nice, but I'd still like
to try it in tight sync.

Jim Carter
University of Bristol
Cantock's Close