Re: EDP paranoia

At 4:45 PM -0700 10/2/99, Michael Tuminello wrote:
>Sorry - don't mean to feed the paranoia.  I'm just (obviously) VERY eager
>to get my hands on one (without paying a ridiculous eBay price), and have
>been on the list for probably 6 months or so, and have been hearing the
>EDP
>is around the corner the whole time.  I'm just about to be in the position
>to actually buy one, and don't want to wait until 2000 if possible.
>
>thanks to you, Kim and Oberheim for coming up with an instrument with such
>great possibilities.   I'm excited to own one.   I'm sure those on the
>list
>trying to get a hold of one would agree that it's been awfully hard to
>tell
>from anyone at Oberheim/Gibson/Opcode WHEN exactly it will possible to
>purchase a device of this nature from them.  A few months ago, Kim sent
>out
>a message (which thrilled me) that they would be available in August.
>It's
>now October.  The Boomerang is in production now, but doesn't have the
>right capabilities for what I want to do.  I would be happy to get those
>capabilites from whoever wants to manufacture the right device.   I'm sure
>you can understand that.  I'll try to refrain from feeding the paranoia,
>but it would help to hear a hard date from the people at Oberheim...

Gibson has been saying for many months that they will have units available
in the Fall. (which just started....).  They'll tell you that if you call
them, and that info has been posted to the list many times. Sorry if my
guess of August from a while back turned out to be a bit optimistic and
confused you. I'm not their spokesman, if you want accurate info call them
up and ask or send them an email. No need to sit around freaking out!

There's no doubt they are committed to continuing Echoplex production. I
believe they just want to be certain they have everything well organized
and done right.

kim