Re: electricity

<<but we could also use a stationary bike to
propel a whole series of, ahem, cyclic noisemaking
devices, leaving our hands free to play along on
the tuba or whatever. Fun and good for us, yes? A
room full of chain-driven musical machines. You
could have gear levers to "mute" some instruments
while starting others, allowing some instruments
to "freewheel" while others go into high gear.<<

...or use the bike to generate electricity...I've done a couple of those..