Re: Pachabels Canon

Hello again,

Sorry this reply is so late, but the free-mail account on which I receive
the digest seems to arbitrarily truncate long messages, and a couple of
the works account, I think).

IIRC, it was an 029 model keypunch, but that was over 15 years ago, so I
can't be sure.

Also, thanks to Tim Nelson for mentioning the Ligeti and Nancarrow. I
wasn't actually thinking of them, being more concerned just with members
of this list, but yeah I guess their things would apply in some fashion.
James Tenney also did a piece for player piano (and dedicated to
Nancarrow) which sounds very loopy and dense.

I just this moment realized, that a musical box could probably be
considered the first true looping device. My dubious memory tells me that
someone recorded a piece with several of them running simultaneously, but
not who it was. Any takers on this one?

Jim Bailey

p.s.: The correct spelling is Pachelbel for those who are interested. I
just keep the subject misspelling for reference.