RE: I'm Moving!!!!!

Todd, good luck on your move.  But NY is big and there must be somewhere
for
you; it can't all be possibly taken out.  I do remember big buildings left
empty for years, but that's another story.

As a public service to all fellow Loopers of our species, I would like to
risk posting this non-looping-related item.

I have just discovered this week that Yahoo! now offers, besides the
excellent free e-mail and other services, now they offer free POP3
connections!

I have done it and proved it works perfectly, but still don't believe it...
You can customize your Eudora, Outlook Express/98/2000, Netscape, or
whatever e-mail client you use, to connect via the Internet to their SMTP
and POP servers to both send and receive e-mail.

This, combined with the several "free" Internet-connection services out
there, means that you can connect to the Web at 56K and have a permanent
e-mail account for free...

The significance of the free e-mail account is that when you move, only you
move, not your e-mail.  You maintain a single point of contact with all
your
friends and family, even though you move between different houses, ISPs, or
whatever -- sell your Echoplex, sell your Boomerang, sell your EH 16-sec --
you still have the same e-mail address...  No hastles e-mailing everybody
that your e-mail address is changing.

Not only that, but other companies charge anywhere from $10 to $25 yearly
so
that you have this nice convenience.

I hope some of you find this important and get your free SMTP and POP
services at Yahoo too.  Well, we all here have e-mail addresses, yes?

Thanks; you can resume your looping activities now.

Javier