RE: Off-topic: Home Electrical Wiring

This is a dangerous statement that I hear from time-to-time.  While it is
true that current passing through the heart is what usually causes
electrocution, keep one thing in mind:  It is the voltage that causes the
current to "flow".  The higher the voltage, the more current that flows.
Zero voltage produces zero current.  High voltage produces high current.

If there is something close to 120 volts ac on your guitar amplifier
chassis
and on your guitar strings (with respect to earth ground), and you touch
your strings with one hand and something connected to ground with the
other,
you will likely get a dangerous electric shock, possibly fatal.  It's the
volts that produce the amps that'll kill ya.

Alan