Belewps

This is a section cut & pasted from  recent Adrian Belew interview at
http://www.virtualguitarmagazine.com/
(actually, the whole interview is packed with gear stuff)

Ok, here it is...the questions are obviously the interviewer's...

*****
And you call your loops Belewps?

Well, they are different.  That's a funny little name we just jokingly have
for them.  It's sort of like Frippertronics or something.  You know, I
think
it's funny.  The difference with Belewps is that you can make chord changes
and you can change the loop as you go.  With any other loop that I know,
they're not interactive, they're static.  You start the loop and it stays
that way.  The real huge discovery for me with this looping thing that I'm
doing is that I can cause it to change.

How, exactly, are you using the Johnson [amp] to do this?

Inside the Johnson amp I'm using one delay that's two seconds long.  You
have to change the length of the delay for the tempo that you want.  The
tempo I like a lot ends up being 1.84 instead of two full seconds.  Then I
have one of the parameter pedals (expression pedals) set so that when I put
it down, it puts the last thing that I played into a hold pattern and flips
it to the outside speakers.  So the guitar is coming from the middle – what
I'm actually playing – and the loop is coming from the outside.  You have
turn the volume of the effect up, you have to put it into the hold pattern,
but it's all linked to this one expression pedal.  So with one foot
movement, boom, you've got a loop.*******
Interesting stuff..
Dave Eichenberger- guitars.loops.devices
http://home1.gte.net/artmusic/dave

'Future Perfect' - art music
http://home1.gte.net/artmusic/