--loopers and aux sends--

> > Just be sure to turn one aux send
> > down before turning the other up, though, or you'll get a
> >blast of nasty
> > overload feedback when it goes back into the first device!

> what fun, eh? dt

Yeah, especially when yer doing this on purpose!

I've spent a fair amount of time practicing with the
gain structures in this possible chain of devices and
the result can be quite satisfying.

Stumbled upon it when i was trying to get an atmo-loop
out of guitar part a collaborator had already laid down to
tape.

I fed the dry in signal into the reverb unit, and a little bit
into the EDP.  Then i sent the reverb unit into the Vortex,
and a touch of that into the EDP...and sent a some of that
Vortex mangling into the EDP as well.  Then, of course,
i sent the EDP back to the reverb unit.

The "dry" guitar part off tape had long ended and i was
still juggling these signals going to and fro.  That's when
i started EQing each device slightly hear and there to
take the loop to a completely different place.  'Twas all
quite an improvisational process.

I captured the second half of this experimentation on DAT
(about 25 minutes or so), and the whole thing is beautiful.
I ended up stealing a chunk and laying it underneath all
the other elements in the piece the original guitar part
came from.

By far the most interesting "pad" used in any project i've ever
worked on.

The cat loved it too.

See ya,
pete koniuto

TAGHAIRM

(Old Irish) noise, echo, a mode of divination by
listening to the noise of water cascades...

from:

MacBain's Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language
Gairm Publications, 1982