EMUSIC Playlist

                        Playlist for "EMUSIC"

"EMUSIC," an electronic, ambient, and space music show, airs each Thursday
at 11pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.
http://www.wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html

                Show #135               October 21, 1999.
                Host: Bill Fox          http://www.wdiyfm.org
                billfox@fast.net

On this show, I continued Oktoberfest EMUSIC-style with a month-long
focus on the artist roster of the German label Manikin.  The feature CD
at midnight was "The Ancient Saga" by Arcanum.

        Manikin       :  http://www.manikin.de
        EMUSIC Focus  :  http://www.wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/focus.html

Monk and Hearts of Space recording group Coyote Oldman will appear at
the next Gathering on October 23 at St. Mary's Church Sanctuary.  The
Gathering after that will see the return of Steve Roach to Philadelphia
on November 5 at St. Mary's Church.

The Electronic Music Mini Festival will be held at the Theatre 3-in-1 in
Huizen, The Netherlands on October 30.  Ron Boots & Friends, Syndromeda,
Free System Project with Patchwork, Wave World, and Gert Emmens will be
the performing artists.  Music was played in support of these three
outstanding events.

        EMUSIC Events :  http://www.wdiyfm.org/emusic/events.html
        The Gathering :  http://www.starsend.org/20gather.html
        Mini Festival :
http://home.wxs.nl/~quantumproductions/minifest.htm
        Mini Festival :  http://www.groove.nl/news.html#oct99

I'd like to express my thanks to the listeners who called in their
pledges in support of EMUSIC and WDIY.  Your support keeps the
soundscapes going!  Thanks to Steve Roach for the wonderful interview,
insights into his musical world, and support of WDIY's membership drive.
And thanks to Tales for supporting the cause by supplying copies of
Interstellar Memories to use as thank you gifts to send to our
listeners who pledged their support.

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:00 pm
Tales                   The Leap in the Dark     Interstellat Memories
(SIT)
Steve Roach interview with music from Light Fantastic underneath
Steve Roach             Trip the Light           Light Fantastic (Fathom)
Steve Roach             Breathing the Pulse      Light Fantastic (Fathom)
Steve Roach             The Reflecting Chamber   Light Fantastic (Fathom)
Steve Roach             Touch the Pearl *        Light Fantastic (Fathom)
Coyote Oldman           The Shape of Time        In Beauty I Walk (HoS)
Wave World              Urban Distance           Species (Quantum)

12:00 am
Arcanum                 Close to the Edge        The Ancient Saga (Manikin)
Arcanum                 Shadowland               The Ancient Saga (Manikin)
Arcanum                 The Ancient Saga *       The Ancient Saga (Manikin)

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

On the next EMUSIC, I will conclude the month-long Oktoberfest focus on
the German label, Manikin.  The Feature CD at Midnight will be "Recall
Level" by Rolf Trostel.

Please visit the WDIY web site and navigate through the schedule to the
EMUSIC pages.  Playlists for every show are there.  Hot links to artists
and labels can be found in the monthly focus section.