R: Two looping questions: Italia / tablas URL/rack

Alas, I  just missed that tour twice:  first the Salerno concert and then
the one back in Rome--same
thing happened re Sainkho Namtchylak's Italia tour.  Hard to get advance
notice of events here....

David, I thought you'd started using the MPX G2?   I ask because I've been
thinking of switching from a bunch of pedals to a rack multi-effect unit
when I return to
the US, and that seems a promising unit....offers an extra looper, too--is
the looper really equivalent to a Jamman?

For all interested, here's a  URL for the Ali Akbar  College of Music
Store:
http://www.aacm.org/shop
They have 3 different tabla machines, and other interesting gadgets.

Ciao,
Bruce Comens