Re: Elixir Strings

<<
 They do last a long time, though.  Almost absurdly so. >>

I'll chime in here.  I use the Elixirs on guiatrs I don't play much, i.e.
that old acoustic, that Korean Les Paul I've got for living room fun, etc.
On
those two guitars, the Elixirs have been on for over a year, and they
still
feel good and you don't have to apologize when you pass the guitar to your
guests.  But I simply prefer the DR nickel sound on my main ASAT, but
another
good sounding/long lasting combination is Tomastik-Infeld (sp?) I've been
amazed by those. They have gold colored high strings. I've had them on a
well-used electric (every two days of playing) since mid-August. They are
now
tonally only somewhat tired, but still feel very good.

eric p
echo park