Re: Plex Upgrade ideas: Loose the box. (POLAR!)

>Sounds like an idea that I can't get out of my head, ridiculous as it is.
>envision a band consisting of 2 guitars (ideally Sticks or Warrs, but
>whatever) equipped with synth pickups, and a drummer using a V-Drum kit.
>Instead of each player having his own rack of effects, samplers, et  al...
>EVERYONE's signal goes into one G3 Powerbook, which has all the sound
>samples and looping software onboard, and then a simple controller for
>each
>person to manipulate his own signal and loops.  Plus, since everyone's got
>access to the same sounds, the drummer could use guitar/bass patches, and
>vice versa.  For a bonus, you could even let a fourth person sit at the
>computer and act as a DJ, controlling the loops and manipulating the
>sounds
>in real-time while the other three play.

yes,yes, and 1 pedal board/musician chained to the USB port with a display
on it that is controlled by the computer to tell you what function each
foot switch has at the moment.

>Is such a thing even technically possible?  And, if so, how much moolah
>would all this crap cost?

Certainly less than all the samplers and mixing desks you economize.
But what if it crashes? Take a break. Maybe not too bad. The worst is when
the sound hangs at the crash....Piiiiiii !

         ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org