Re: Live Gig Rig Logistics

> On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Travis Hartnett wrote:
>
> > Having hauled around rigs of varying sizes, I use three rules:
> >
> > 1) Don't have any single piece of gear you can't lift by yourself.
> > 2) Don't have more stuff than fits into a vehicle you own.
> > 3) With everything stacked next to the stage, don't take more than 10
> > minutes to setup.

Yeah, the one great thing about my current setup, joke that it is- it all
fits into a standard briefcase.  Of course, all I have is a DOD DFX pedal
(the looper in my vast arsenal), a DOD wah/volume pedal, and an old Zoom
9002 handheld multi-effect unit (anyone remember those?).  All three weigh
about four pounds total, and there's plenty of room left over in the
briefcase for cables, wall-warts, and even a surge protector.

I guess those days will be over when I acquire an EDP and a Roland
guitar-synth...  if only.

And, even though I'm not overly inundated with gear yet, I too am very
interested in what Alex Stahl mentioned in his post, about replacing
everything with a laptop or two.  Keep us informed!

Peter