PDS-8000 questions

 I've just acquired a Digitech PDS-8000  delay pedal without a manual or
any instructions. Does anyone on this list know how to use the sampling
function? I can only get it to work in the "normal" mode, and in that
mode I'm able to record loops,  and then speed up/slow down these loops
(at last)! I'm just wondering if I'm missing something not being able to
use either the trigger mode, (I assume that means triggring from a drum
machine or synth, which I dont really need), or the sample mode.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also the case says that a 10 volt
DC neg. ground converter is required, even though it only takes a 9 volt
battery. Is it OK to use a 9 volt neg ground AC adaptor?

Thanks again,
PS