Re: spacial sound

In a message dated 04/11/99 03:43:01 GMT Standard Time, tcn62@ici.net
writes:

> Yeah, that's the setup Brian Eno described on the back of one of his
>albums
>  (I've forgotten which).
Ambient 4 , On Land

To make it work the two -VE terminals of the two amps need to be connected
as
well.
(for a stereo amp this is usually the case, but certain stereo amps may be
damaged
by this)
Impedance? probably safer to use an impedance at least twice that of your
main speaker,
the higher the impedance the less volume you'll get from the extra speaker.

The system is assymetric  in that the extra spkr is in phase with only one
of
the main speakers( this situation can be helped with another spkr in
series
and out of phase with the additional one).

I used an ancient spkr with a volume control  along with my hi-fi  for a
while, nice effect.

Andy Butler

Impedance