DL-4 available NOW!

Looperfolks-

I had the privilege yesterday of playing with one of the new Line 6 DL-4s
at Elderly Instruments in Lansing.  While my experience with looping is
basically nil (which is why I won't offer a full review), it was definitely
a fun little box.  The sound is great!  I especially like the reverse and
half/double speed options (enough that I'm rethinking my decision to
purchase a Headrush, although at the moment I'm probably better served by
the ability to undo my mistakes =).  Two gripes: (1) the height of the box
makes it a little tricky to hit the footswitches, unless you're lifting
your foot completely off the floor to stomp on the thing; (2) it's
difficult to remember to press Play/Stop to close the initial loop.  I kept
pressing Record/Overdub instead, and inadvertently adding things to the
loop.  I also got to sit in on a demo of the DL-4s other functions by one
of the store personnel (a GOOD guitarist!), and they sound terrific as
well.  Everyone who played with or heard this box was very impressed with
its quality and ease of use.

Elderly has these in stock and ready to ship, and at the best prices I've
yet seen - $235!  Check www.elderly.com, or call (517) 372-7890 for their
mail-order division.

Scott Martin
Morrigan Records