edp upgrade and other q's

hey folks,

it's me, the fool that bought the $820 edp on ebay last week :-)
considering
i sold my jamman for $650 and upgraded to an edp with full memory upgrades
and foot contoller for less than $200, i'm happy and INFORMED. fwiw, i've
had an edp on order from zzounds.com (and elsewhere :-) for about 8 months
now. ok, that's out of the way...

*please feel free to pmail me off list if these q's have been historically
redundant*

i understand my edp has software version 3.2. can anyone tell me if it's
possible to upgrade? advantages? i can't get an answer out of gibson. yes,
i've called and emailed for about a week with no response :-)  i've read
something of kim selling some type of upgrade. any more details on this?

i'm hoping to midi synch with fellow looper and ex-loop listee ric
hordinski
of monk (http://monkmusic.com)(i play bass in monk) so that our loops are
in
time with each other. has anyone has had any experience doing this? any
tips? btw, ric is an endorser for the edp and can't get any kind of
response
concerning the edp either!

thanks!

tony