Line 666 - the devil's Looper... dl4

hey all...

i usually don't 1buy 'new' as in 'current' gear..but i've been carefully
monitoring the "2nd wave" type loo devices to select one..boomerang...dod,
digitech, the elusive headrush (NO ONE has em in stock it seems in all of
nj,ny and philly..)

having read a LOT of rave revues here and elsewhere - i tried out a line 6
DL4 at the evil comgolmerate (heh hehe) guitar center yesterday..

SOLD!!!!

great unit

- heavy duty construction (i agree - the knobs are a little weird,but
nicely recessed so it doesnt matter)
-simple, sturdy, quiet-click footswitches
- a plethora of warm, tubey and tapey sounding delays...they really do get
the space echo down!!
- great 50s delays, tube delays etc.
-funny - down to earth manual ,simply written  with a sense of humor
-three user definable presets of EACH delay program... and a tap tempo
switch..

and-- the part we're all wondering about....

- the looper is friigin great -- 14 sec.. with a touch you can 1/2 speed
the loop , another touch renders it 'backwards'

a REAL NICE touch is the fact that you have a 0-800ms delay BEFORE the loop
-so your looped signal can go in with a slightbit of wash if you want (i do
this a lot - so this is an unexpected, and unique buddha-send)

one thing,y'all - hmm.. the bulk rate for that many bought together is
pretty good - i got mine for $232 tax included (so i guess it waslike..$218
+ NJ .06 tax)

if that INCLUDES the power supply (as stated) then -- pretty good...

i did NOT get a power supply - which is the LAMEST thing a manufacturer
could do..what's the deal there.... 200 plus bucks SHOUDL get you a piece
of 'extra' gear that cost the manuf. a whole $3-4 to make....

otherwise.. stellar.can't wait to gig with it (next week)

see ya

OH YEAH - my duo JFK's LSD UFO has  finally released our first CD... it's
$12 pp..or a trade for a released CD from any of you loopers!!

hope to hear from ya -- i will be getting the sound bites up .. soon!

andre east
*NEW* Jfk's Lsd Ufo CD "Alien Concepts" available now...

Jfk's Lsd Ufo site                      Project Object/Zappa tribute
http://www.ufomusic.com                 http://www.projectobject.com